Here is a list of books that I read during the month of November.
How do I rate these books?one star = hated it............3 stars = enjoyed it..............5 stars = loved it
1. Power Play by Joseph Finder. Wow—this was a great book and I would have been able to finish it in one day if I didn’t have a family to take care of. Just kidding! I’m definitely going to read more stuff by this author. I wasn’t wild about the way Finder wrote the flashbacks but overall I really enjoyed his writing style. The main character, Jake Landry, works for a company that builds airplanes. He and the top officials of the company go on a secluded retreat, and on the first night of their trip they are held hostage by a group of hunters. (fiction) 5 stars
2. Lord John and the Brotherhood of the Blade by Diana Gabaldon This is the first book in a series that features the main character, Lord John Gray. Lord John was a secondary character in Gabaldon’s Outlander series. Let me start by saying that I *loved* Gabaldon’s Outlander series that featured Jamie Fraser and his wife Claire. I *loved* the characters of Jamie and Claire. I *loved* the character of John Gray. I had high hopes for this book, and was disappointed once I started reading The Brotherhood. This book deals with Gray’s alternative lifestyle, a mystery that surrounds his father’s death, and war(s) being fought during that time period. Who knows, I may have enjoyed it more if I hadn’t read the Outlander series first. **shoulder shrug** (fiction) 2 stars
**side note—Gabaldon is working on book #7 in the Outlander series—jumping with joy.
3. The Abduction by Mark Gimenez. This is a really good book despite the gory descriptions of one of the character’s flashbacks to Vietnam. It is about a 10 year old girl that is abducted and her family’s search for her. It is the second book written by Gimenez. I plan to read his first book as soon as it's available at my library. On a side note, Gimenez is a graduate from SWT--go Bobcats!!--and lives in Texas. :-) (Fiction) 4 stars
4. Never Have Your Dog Stuffed by Alan Alda. Alda wrote about his childhood and plays, movies and TV shows he was in. Eh, it was Ok.... (autobiography) 2.5 stars.
Saturday, December 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh that first one sounds interesting. I'll have to look it up! TFS your list!
Post a Comment