Sunday, September 2, 2007

Here I am!!

So here it is, my new blog. : )



I finally decided that I would take the plunge and jump into the world of blogging. It will take some time for me to figure out HOW I want my blog to look and HOW to do things. Feel free to give me a lot of advice--I'll gladly listen to everything you have to say. If you don't OFFER me advice, I'll just end up hounding, er, I mean asking, you for information. **winking**



It took me some time to figure out a name for my blog....I love the color pink because it is such happy color, and I thought that pink lemonade would be a cute name, but it was taken. So, back to the drawing board. I wanted a name that symbolizes (at least to me) my outlook on life. Life is pretty darn sweet and I try to look for the good that the world has to offer. Some of my dear LOSTie friends suggested a title with cotton candy in it since I live in a 'cotton candy' world--you know, the kind of world that is full of sunshine, happiness and unicorns. **grinning**


While I was pondering their suggestions, I came across a stamp sentiment that said cupcake wishes and sugar cookie dreams. Hmmm, I liked it! In fact, I liked it a lot. What could be sweeter than sugar cookie dreams and making wishes on cupcakes?? Suddenly, I had visions of beautiful cupcakes covered in brightly colored sprinkes and yummy icing....You can't get much sweeter than that. Also, one of my pet names for my sweet daughter is Cupcake. So, there you have it, the story behind HOW I came up with the name for my blog.

6 comments:

Rachel Hope said...

YEAH!!!! A Cotton Candy Blog!!! I'd be glad to help you with Templates and things!!!

Anonymous said...

This is the perfect name for your blog!! I can't wait to read more posts from you!

Anonymous said...

HELLO Melsie Brian! :)
Added your blog to my Google reader!

Tracy H said...

CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!

I love the title! It's perfectly *YOU*!

Welcome to the blogging world, feel free to ask any question. I don't know if I can answer them, but you can ask! :)

Kimberly said...

WooHoo. I'm so excited that you started a blog. It looks great so far!!! LOVE the name!!!!

Suzanne said...

Hi Mel!!!! Welcome to blogdom! Your banner is gorgeous - and it's making me hungry! *grin*